Behavior Therapy Associates’
Last Updated on: 11/14/2017
Behavior Therapy Associates is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletters and those providing contact information. In addition, Behavior Therapy Associates is opposed to unauthorized commercial e-mail delivery, otherwise known as spam. Please read the following Privacy and Spam Policy to understand how your personal information is treated. From time to time, Behavior Therapy Associates may offer new information or services that may affect this policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy and Spam Policy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE?
We only collect user-provided personally identifiable information. This information is provided when website visitors complete one of our online forms (examples include newsletter subscriptions or contact forms). The following list includes ways we collect personal information from our website visitors and the type of information collected:
To register online for one of our electronic newsletters, we request the following required information: name and e-mail address. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter. Behavior Therapy Associates relies on a third-party service, Constant Contact, to collect contact information and distribute our newsletter.
To contact Behavior Therapy Associates for the purposes of evaluating our services or to answer your questions, we utilize a contact form on our site. Required information includes name, e-mail address, phone number, and your message. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive a response from Behavior Therapy Associates.
To register for Behavior Therapy Associates’ summer programs, HI-STEP and W.I.S.E. weekend, we utilize a contact form on our site. Required information includes the child’s name, parents’ names, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, address, and child’s disability / diagnosis if applicable. This information is mandatory in order to register for Behavior Therapy Associates’ summer programs. Additionally, to express interest in Executive Coaching, demographic information is requested, such as name, e-mail address, phone number, address, goals for working together, and preferred means of participating in sessions.
DOES BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATES SHARE MY INFORMATION?
Behavior Therapy Associates will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties.
HOW DOES BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATES USE MY INFORMATION?
Personal information collected by Behavior Therapy Associates is used primarily for the purpose in which it is collected: to facilitate the distribution of a newsletter, contact interested parties, or evaluate program registrants. In addition, Behavior Therapy Associates may use your information as follows:
- Information may be used in aggregate with other subscribers to review the effectiveness of our marketing programs and analyze other general demographic trends
- We may occasionally contact you to conduct surveys or to obtain feedback on our products, our website, industry trends or other aspects of our business
- To notify you of new information or services that may be of interest to you
- To send promotional materials
Behavior Therapy Associates uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn to present information to you regarding our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see information regarding one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, Behavior Therapy Associates uses custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present information regarding our products and services to you via Facebook. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you with information from us.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here.
LinkedIn: Opt-out of LinkedIn remarketing here.
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here.
WHAT IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND SPAM POLICY?
If we change our Privacy and Spam Policy, we will post those changes on our privacy page at https://www.behaviortherapyassociates.com/privacy/ If at any point we decide to use personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify subscribed users by way of an e-mail. Users will have a choice whether or not we use their information in this new manner. By default, we will use information in accordance with the Privacy and Spam Policy under which the information was collected.
HOW CAN I OPT OUT?
If you have opted in and later desire to opt-out from further receiving Behavior Therapy Associates newsletter, you can make this change at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe URL embedded at the bottom of our newsletter. If you encounter any issues, you may also contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Opt-Out Request” followed by your name and email address.
Behavior Therapy Associates is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send e-mail to users that have explicitly requested to receive an e-mail from Behavior Therapy Associates. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the Behavior Therapy Associates Newsletter
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested.
Behavior Therapy Associates relies on a third-party service (Constant Contact) to collect and distribute our newsletter. Please view Constant Contact’s privacy information for more details: https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Behavior Therapy Associates is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy and spam policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy and Spam Policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
HOW DO I CONTACT BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATES?
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the Behavior Therapy Associates website or this Privacy and Spam Policy, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site. However, please know that our first action will be to refuse to disclose any personal information to protect private and confidential information.
Behavior Therapy Associates’
We promise to give you a professional experience on our Facebook Page. As we thought about what that meant for our community we have developed guidelines for us and for our Facebook community.
- To provide meaningful and relevant psychology, educational, and behavior content.
- To help educators, individuals, parents/families, and professionals discover best practices within the field.
- To answer questions related to social media posted on our Facebook wall. If we can’t answer them ourselves, we will direct you to a resource that can help. *Please note that we cannot provide therapy to anyone via social media. Furthermore, please note that any strategies or interventions shared via social media are not necessarily appropriate or effective for any specific individual.
- To give you a fun and engaging experience while you learn by providing online chats (i.e., Facebook online messaging such as posting comments or private messages), webinars, and more.
- To let you know about our summer programs and other events so that you can participate if you choose.
- Obtain written consent from individuals before sharing photographs or any form of Personal Health Information.
- Immediately remove posts should they violate any patient’s privacy.
- Provide a safe environment where everyone is welcome to interact without spam, harassment, inflammatory or obscene remarks, or prejudice. We will not tolerate comments or tags that endanger Behavior Therapy Associates, its community, or others. We reserve the right to remove comments or tags as we see fit.
WHAT NOT TO POST:
- Off topic: Posts should be related to the field of education, personal / professional growth, psychology, and mental health. Other posts will be removed at our discretion.
- Ads and links: Please, no blatant selling. You are welcome to assist others in the community and we request that you use your good judgment when posting.
- Explicit/Hate Speech: Don’t be defamatory, insulting, discriminatory, abusive, demeaning, or indecent. It won’t be tolerated.
- Tagged posts: We thank you for tagging us in your posts but we may not keep all the tags on our wall.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Public social networks are not private. Some may be open only to invited or approved members but even then, users should not expect privacy among the members. If you choose to participate on our Official Facebook Page, assume that anything you post will be seen, read, and open for comment. Anything you say, post, link to, comment on, upload, etc., can and may be used against you by your peers, colleagues, employer, potential employers, fellow members, and so on. Behavior Therapy Associates is not responsible for the information you choose to openly share on social networks and is not covered by our HIPAA privacy policies.
WHAT IS PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI)?
PHI is defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), in part, as health information that (i) is created or received by a physician, (ii) relates to the health or condition of an individual, (iii) identifies the individual (or with respect to which there is a reasonable basis to believe the information can be used to identify the individual), and (iv) is transmitted by or maintained in electronic media, or transmitted or maintained in another form or medium.
Let us know if there is a problem. We will try to address your needs and may ask you to take the conversation offline. If you don’t respond to our attempts to address the situation and/or if you harass our community, we may need to block your access to our page.